The EHS Manager will be responsible for driving continuous improvement for Environmental Health and Safety functions while ensuring compliance with all state, federal and local governmental regulations. He/She wil deliver safety training programs and ensure all safety issues identified during internal/external audits and safety committee audits are resolved. Our ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Reviewing specifications for the construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Recommending process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Administering the Worker’s Compensation and Transitional Return to Work Program.
- Managing an EHS budget and approving budget expenses.
- Providing support for corrective actions and recommendations to assure plant safety improvements.
- Bachelor degree highly prefered
- 5+ years experience in EHS & regulatory – focus on Lock-out Tag-Out & Guarding
- 3+ years experience with Union – proven bridge-building and open communication with Union Reps