Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a EH&S Manager. The EHS Manager is responsible for the management of environmental, health and safety programs for the Georgia division. This position leads the development, implementation and monitoring of environmental and safety programs, policies, and procedures.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Evaluates the organization's procedures, facilities and equipment to identify unsafe conditions or behaviors.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of current federal, state, local and company regulations and policies; identifies and evaluates applicable safety and environmental standards and regulations such that the sites are in full compliance.
- Manage fire protection and O&M programs.
- Conducts safety and environmental training programs for all levels of plant operations.
- Analyzes new equipment and verifies operator safety; researches and recommends safety equipment.
- Performs Job Hazard Analysis, system auditing, and ergonomic task analysis.
- Leads and manages implementation of injury reduction efforts; promotes and drives “Zero Injury Culture.”
- Coordinates and conducts injury review process to determine and correct root cause.
- Works closely with Human Resources to manage Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Tracks and reports operational safety and environmental performance.
- Functions as emergency coordinator and develops emergency response team.
- Participates in broader organizational taskforce assignments and special projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety field in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to implement safety policies and practices
- Knowledge of current OSHA and EPA regulations
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Analytical reasoning and problem-solving capabilities
Skills and Experience:
- Safety Best Practices (Occupational Safety LOTO, Fall Protection, PSM and Behavior-Based Safety)
- Employee Training
- ISO 14001 and/or 45001
- Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, RCRA, Industrial Hygiene, and/or Fire Protection
- Industrial Hygiene (Asbestos/Ammonia)
- Product Safety
- NFPA Codes
- Workers’ Compensation
- Fire Protection - fire extinguishers, fire water distribution systems, fire alarm systems, special hazard systems, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes.
- FMGlobal Loss Prevention requirements and activities
- FMGlobal Hot work system
- MyRisk Database