* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The role is designed as a 12+ month leadership training program. District Sales Leader Designates will receive a customized on-boarding plan to assimilate and develop the necessary skillset in preparation for a District Sales Leader position. The on-boarding plan includes learning the Route Sales System and gaining exposure to the key players and functions across the Region Business Team.
The formalized training program for this position involves 4-6 months of route level work to learn the foundation of the business and develop an understanding of our Direct Store Delivery (DSD) network and supply chain. The job is in a physical work environment with varying length of workdays/schedule.
Upon completion of the training program, the DSL-D will be promoted to a District Sales Leader. The DSL will have responsibility for all aspects of managing a sales district comprised of 10-25 Route Sales Representatives (RSR's). Each District Sales Leader leads a $5-15 Million dollar business. All District Sales Leaders are responsible for administrative and technical support, as well as facilitating information to direct reports. It is imperative that candidates have strong leadership skills, communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
• Successfully complete all activities included in the Sales District Leader Designate training program
• Successfully interact with customers (store management) and effectively sell in/execute sales programs and initiatives
• Lead district meetings focused on a plan to achieve sales objectives and goals Conduct one-with-one meetings and "work with" with RSR's to discuss performance, selling and customer service skills
• Coach RSR's to successfully sell against baseline and promotional opportunities
• Collect and interpret statistical data utilizing company-specific applications
• Partner with product supply team to create accurate forecasts based on promotions and historical performance to ensure product availability
• Prepare and deliver sales presentations to customers as required