We are partnering with our client, a nationally recognized billion dollar retail company on a Distribution Center Supervisor for their role in the far NW suburbs of Chicago. This is a midday shift (12pm start time) in a very large distribution center. The Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day operations of the facility in addition to management of the staff. This is a full-time, salaried position eligible for an annual bonus.
Distribution Center Supervisor Responsibilities
- Lead the daily operations of the site.
- Oversee the flow of product throughout the facility.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, performance reviews, mentoring, and disciplinary action for the team.
- Ensure all OSHA, local, and corporate safety regulations are adhered to.
- Lead all team meetings.
- Meet all staffing, safety, and performance metrics.
- Use Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Continuous Improvement methods to improve processes and efficiencies.
Distribution Center Supervisor Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain or a related field is required.
- Previous experience successfully leading a warehouse or distribution center and its employees.
- A minimum of three or more years of experience of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, or Continuous Improvement methodologies.