Our long time Houston based client needs your 10+ years of SEC financial reporting experience. Dynamic and fast paced environment in a collegial atmosphere. Myst have a CPA and public accounting background.
This position is responsible for the preparation of all external financial statements and compliance reporting. The Director must remain current on new GAAP pronouncements and SEC regulations as they are released and assess the impact to the Company. The Director is also responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls over the financial reporting process and the actual filings with the SEC and other regulatory bodies if assigned. In addition, the Director is responsible for providing technical guidance related to recent accounting policy developments. This role is responsible for verbal and written communication with senior leadership and external auditors for technical accounting, reporting, and accounting policies. The Director will assist with all technical accounting projects and related activities. Supervises three employees.
- Prepare and review SEC financial filings including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and Form 8-K, as applicable.
- Review monthly financial statements including consolidated balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Manage external audit process, including managing timely completion of audit PBCs by applicable personnel.
- Create and maintain documentation of accounting processes and ensure that key processes are performed as prescribed.
- Support acquisition transactions through assistance with financial due diligence, fair value measurements, accounting and disclosure issues.
- Assist with enhancement of internal controls and SOX requirements for new accounting and reporting requirements when applicable
- Assist with the reporting of new or recently implemented revenue standards , including assisting division controllers with revenue recognition requirements (as needed) in day-to-day revenue recognition accounting and reporting, including month-end and quarter-end reporting requirements
- Review and interpret contracts to determine proper revenue recognition and lease accounting treatment; advise business partners on structure and terminology
- Research new technical accounting standards, including writing position papers that support internal and external users. Work with accounting teams to implement those new accounting standards
- Interface with other groups on complex technical accounting matters involved in developing the company’s position on complex and judgmental accounting topics
- Support special projects that may require dedicated resources to perform research and analysis, training, and mentoring others
- Assess internal control requirements, identify and communicate internal control issues and opportunities as well as support the resolution of issues as they relate to the implementation of new accounting standards
- Provide ad-hoc research, reporting and analysis
- 10 plus years of related work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience preparing key SEC filings, including, but not limited to, forms 10-K, 10-Q, MD&A, footnote disclosures, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, proven ability of writing technical accounting memos to diverse audiences.
- Big 4 or National firm public accounting experience
- Deep knowledge of U.S. GAAP rules and regulations
- History of meeting statutory deadlines under tight time constraints.
- Proficiently access and manipulate data for creating financial analyses and other formal presentations.