We are looking for a strong leader with a proven track record managing logistics, distribution, warehouse, procurement, and inventory control within high volume eCommerce environment and an individual that will bring innovation and fresh ideas to the organization
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Management of Distribution, Logistics, Procurement and Inventory Control and the total operational budget.
- Provide direction of and coordination of all Distribution Center activities.
- Provide direction for the planning, design, development and implementation of strategic initiatives related to the Supply Chain and Logistics functional activities.
- Proactively lead cross-functional teams to identify improvement opportunities; drive results and execute functional business planning process.
- Identifies and seeks improvement opportunities inclusive of new IT tools and analytics to monitor and forecast levels of demand by developing the metrics to measure forecasting and demand planning traceability and accuracy.
- Facilitates Demand Planning training ensuring the resources have the skill sets and vision to address company’s needs.
- Strong interaction with Sales and Marketing to reduce slow moving inventory by crafting common strategies to ensure fast obsolete inventory turn and close liquidation deals with optimal terms
- Develops and maintains thorough knowledge of OFM and HNI Emerging Markets products, challenging the status quo when needed.
- Establishes tools to track performance metrics, drive results and customer satisfaction levels.
- Provide supervision and training to team through ongoing communication, evaluation, coaching, feedback and role modeling, driving employee engagement at all times.
- Ensures team works efficiently, accurately, ethically and in accordance with the company guidelines and HNI / OFM Core Values.
- Define key roles and assess performance in key roles for peak performers, advocate for internal career progression considering capabilities of each team member.
- Promote an environment which strives for an efficient warehouse operation, administration and inventory (inclusive of cycle counts).
- Lead supply chain team development and performance. Supervises, coordinates, provides leadership and reviews work of assigned members. Conducts performance evaluations and recommends merit increase, promotions, transfers, corrective action and other personnel actions.
- Interviews and recommends candidates for employment.
What it takes:
- 10-15 years progressive experience in a combination of planning, logistics, production scheduling and/or inventory control, forecasting and demand planning.
- Preferred: 7+ years of progressive management experience directing cross functional strategic initiatives through others
- Manager or Director level in the e-Commerce supply chain leadership required.
- 4 Year Bachelor’s degree required: preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, or Transportation/Logistics. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Strong people leader, able to motivate a team and collaborate with peers.
- Experience with US and International vendors / manufacturers / importers understanding their competencies and potential shortfalls within varying market conditions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word. Advanced Excel knowledge mandatory. Knowledge of Oracle EBS or similar relational database.
- Optimize manufacturing and distribution footprint to serve customer needs in most economical model
- Gather and analyze relevant data to develop business cases for operations’ strategic initiatives
- Oversee and guide detailed project plans for large projects such as product moves, facility re-layout, supply network redesign, new product introduction