Title: Director of SEC
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports to: Corporate Controller/Chief Accounting Officer
Role Overview: Lucas Group has partnered with a local company on their search for Director of SEC. This individual will have a close working relationship with the financial leaders of the business unit groups, as well as with the heads of other corporate functions including: Treasury, Tax, Legal, HR, and Internal Audit.
- Directing the process for preparing the Company’s periodic consolidated financial statements, including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and annual reports on Form 10-K prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with Securities and Exchange Commission rules and regulations.
- Assistance in preparation and review of registration statements, earnings releases and other reports or documents filed with or furnished to the SEC
- Lead role in facilitating the relationship with Company’s external auditors including quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Leading the preparation of monthly internal consolidated reporting.
- Responsible for maintaining Company’s accounting policies and practices.
- Providing technical accounting guidance and support for Company’s significant, unusual and complex transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures and other routine and non-routine transactions.
- Researching, documenting and implementing new accounting pronouncements; communicating and educating teams on new accounting policies to ensure consistent and accurate application at Company and its subsidiaries.
- Documenting and designing internal controls related to corporate financial reporting to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Provide leadership as a member of the Company’s Disclosure Committee, including preparation and presentation of meeting materials.
- Leading the quarterly evaluation of certain significant judgmental reserves, including self-insurance and litigation reserves, and accounting for pensions and other postemployment benefit obligations.
- Oversight of the corporate accounting function, including review of corporate entity monthly close, monthly projections and annual budget.
- Key point of contact for all business unit and division finance teams on accounting matters.
- Directing the preparation of financial covenants and financial reporting required under the Company’s credit facility
- Leading or participating in other significant projects, which vary based on Company’s business transactions and priorities.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and CPA is required.
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressive experience in accounting and reporting roles.
- Must have managed SEC reporting for a mid-to large sized company and previous public accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong technical accounting and research skills.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing responsibilities while still operating with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience working with senior finance leaders and managing and developing qualified staff while building trusting relationships and partnerships throughout the organization
- Experience with XBRL, financial reporting software solutions and enterprise financial systems.
- Comp: to $160,000 with 20% bonus
For more information, please send resumes to ChicagoAF@lucasgroup.com
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 15 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.