We are exclusively partnering with our client, a Fortune 500 organization that is the industry leader in providing professional services, on a Director of Planning position. This is a multifaceted role with responsibilities for demand planning, demand analysis, and purchasing. The site has a couple thousand of employees, and the Director will be responsible for oversight of the local Management team. We are looking for a polished leader that enjoys working and building relationships with a diverse workforce in a fast-paced environment with a strong culture.
Director of Planning Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management of the Sr. Manager and two Managers. Indirect reports include Buyers, Demand Planners, and Demand Analysts.
- Be comfortable providing strategic vision to leadership while also being able to interact with valued employees on the production floor.
- Continue to evaluate S&OP processes to find areas for continuous improvement.
- Provide oversight of the Purchasing team including over two dozen Buyers.
- Create accurate forecasts and demand plans to ensure enough materials are available to meet production needs.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers.
- Work with production teams to complete order fulfillment within service targets.
- Lead meetings and presentations with internal stakeholders and external customers.
Director of Planning Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain or a related field.
- Any advanced degree or a certification in APICS, Six Sigma, or another area is preferred.
- Experience leading a large site including responsibilities for direct supervision of a management team.
- A positive leader who enjoys building consensus and enabling a diverse workforce to meet objectives.