Director of Operations Job – Job #1569439
Director of Operations
The role of the Director of Operations is a key asset in the future growth of the Company. This individual will be leading the New Product Development (NPD), regulatory compliance, and supply chain for our client’s high-end beauty brands. Our client is an industry leading incubator for high end beauty products. We are looking for an entrepreneurial Director of Operations to join the leadership team of this organization that is going through consistent high-growth that can benefit from an Operational leader to continue to define processes and develop structure to maintain their exciting trajectory.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide oversight to the New Product Development team. The major focus will be to evaluate & improve those processes.
- Manage regulatory compliance. Including but not limited to; reviewing the company website and product labels. Will also interact with regulatory agencies.
- Work with international retail partners on documentation and oversight while also being able to build relationships for future expansion.
- Work with the Demand Planner on managing the Production Forecast.
- Partner with 3PL providers to manage external warehouses.
- Identify areas for future warehouses domestically and internationally.
- Continue to work with cross-functional teams to improve sustainable packaging.
- Collaborate with Finance and Purchasing departments to improve the PO (Purchase Order) workflow.
- Support Senior Executive Team and Leadership with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Executive Team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Operations, or a related technical field; MBA highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience as Manager or Director of Product Development, Regulatory, Operations, or Supply Chain.
- Strong leadership skills required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Must be comfortable in an entrepreneurial, high-growth, and results oriented culture.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Ability to travel 25-50% as needed.
This position reports directly to the President/Co-Founder. Currently, it has two direct reports with potential for team growth.