We are partnered with a $2.5 billion dollar global protein/beef organization that is headquartered in Chicago that is in need of a Director of Product Development. This organization encompasses a high energy culture and is looking for a passionate person to join their team to expand into various markets. They offer very competitive base/bonus and exciting opportunities for growth!
The role is critical to developing value added business and supporting the value-added business in each of their GTM channels. This individual will be supporting both retail and food service in customer relationships, as well as manufacturing partner relationships. Further working closely with Procurement and Logistics on ensuring timely delivery of materials to their partners.
- Develop and maintain costings for value added products.
- Insuring accuracy to all the costing of products.
- Develop yield standards and costing for all value-added products.
- Develop systems to monitor and communicate inventories of key ingredients: meat, seasoning, packaging, labels, etc
- At least 5 years’ experience in the animal protein further processing manufacturing space.
- Sound working knowledge of operational and technical requirements of operating a high-risk processing plant.
- Extremely high level of food safety knowledge.
- Direct management experience in most (if not all) facets of meat processing, value adding and further processing of case ready products, fresh retail ready meats, & fully cooked proteins.