The Lucas Group is searching for a talented and enthusiastic Director of Marketing to add as a key member of our client’s team in Atlanta. Our client is a privately owned company established in 1982, is an innovative, customer-oriented leading provider of high-performance roofing and construction materials that help build better environments to live and work.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing long-term marketing strategies across multiple building material manufacturing divisions. Successful candidates will understand how to guide branding, content, promotional, and digital strategies to create a cohesive message for the company at large, while catering to the unique needs of divisional stakeholders, internal department heads, sales personnel, and external B2B customers.
Our client relies on differentiated and out-of-the-box marketing strategies to live up to its’ vision of being a “leading provider of high-performance roofing & construction materials” in a market that can be high commoditized. The ideal Director of Marketing candidates will understand the unique challenges of approaching B2B sales with a goal to separate the organization from commodity competitors. Additionally, great candidates will have experience empowering marketing team members by leveraging their strengths and helping them improve their weaknesses.
- Develop and execute annual and rolling 3-Year marketing plans designed to achieve corporate and divisional goals and initiatives.
- Coordinate communication efforts across divisions for marketing news.
- Coordinate creation of various client-facing marketing tools including but not limited to brochures, factsheets, guides, sales materials, promotional items, collateral, samples, POP, and apparel.
- Manage assigned annual department budget, utilizing multiple agencies.
- Maintain and communicate trademark, brand strategy, and brand usage guidelines across divisions and departments to ensure cohesive use of intellectual property and brand assets.
- Develop and execute strategy for ongoing B2B events for contractor engagement, including large market introduction “Road Show” events, new customer events, webinars, AIA events, and 3rd party sponsored events. Ensure theme, content, budget, and staffing needs are met.
- Develop and update presentations for sales representatives and contractors.
- Interact with Department Heads, Regional Managers, Directors, and Vice-Presidents as well as Account Executives and Sales Personnel to coordinate and prioritize marketing ideas and needs.
- Execute monthly reporting and administrative duties as assigned by the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- Coordinate, develop and execute content strategy, including but not limited to email marketing campaigns, co-op advertising, social media, new product launches, website, public relations, and advertisement.
- Spearhead the development and management of social media publications and ongoing content for distribution through LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other relevant social media outlets.
- Manage video content and photography for content development, product promotion, and advertising.
- Manage vendor relationships with content marketing firms, industry publications ad reps, and editors to provide visibility for content.
- Work in collaboration with internal stakeholders and outside vendors to manage and implement current and future digital technology projects. Such projects include customer loyalty and engagement portals, internal CRM, mobile apps, digital sales tools, and 3rd party vendor API integrations.
- Manage and update the website & software application content.
- Coordinate online marketing strategy, including but not limited to interactive search engine marketing, search engine optimization and social networking.
- 10+years of experience in B2B marketing / marketing communications.
- 4+ years of experience managing people with the ability to foster a team dynamic with clearly defined roles. Should have experience managing team members unique needs, individual goals, improvement plans, and conflict resolution.
- Expertise in the creation of web- and print-based copy with strong promotional writing skills and a thorough understanding of the differences of both print and electronic media is required.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills (with emphasis on analyzing critical data for marketing results).
- Ability to work independently and with internal and external teams and groups to accomplish a common vision and broader mission.
- Experience managing content management systems for web and digital tool management strongly preferred.
- Experience working in Gmail and Google Drive with Google Sheets and Docs.
- Experience on Mac computers strongly preferred, with particular emphasis on Keynote. Experience with basic video editing skills a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop a plus. Additional experience with Qlikview, PeopleSoft, and KissFlow also a plus.
- Travel is required - 30-40% travel during peak periods with some seasonal differences. Travel includes regional sales training, customer events, trade shows, training, plant visitation, relevant conferences, and media events.
This Director of Marketing requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast-paced environment, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
If qualified and interested, please email your resume to Amanda Cooper at the Lucas Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow me on LinkedIn for new roles and industry information at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucasgroupcreativeamanda/