Responsible for both the strategic and day-to-day initiatives of supply chain as it pertains to inbound & outbound transportation, network optimization of material flow, logistics processes, 3PL management & relationships, service levels, labor planning & retention while considering capacity & constraints of manufacturing and customer demand. This role will be integral in aligning distribution and transportation to support our customer base, while balancing cost pressures to achieve the most cost-effective footprint and logistics solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Timely Movement of Outbound/Inbound Goods including meeting Lead Time expectation, Transportation Service Quality, freight Claims Management, Transport Risk Management and associated tasks that come with managing a high-volume global operation.
• Negotiates contracts, settlements, and freight-handling agreements/arrangements with vendors/suppliers to ensure effective shipment of product. Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations and consults specialists to effect release of shipments.
• Develop, integrate and manage transportation& logistics activities to ensure an optimum execution of logistics and operations policies.
• Formulate and manage total integrated logistics policies, objectives, goals, strategies, operational plans, systems, procedures and controls to effectively manage regional transportation operations.
• Provides support to organization to solve customer logistics issues and recommend cost effective logistics solutions for customers.
• Ensure Compliance and Quality consciousness among staff members to ensure compliance with all regulatory matters involving logistics and all Quality targets established to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Identify, prioritize and implement process and service improvements as part of Quality management, based on external and internal customer feedback/survey.
• Manage and coordinate logistics management functions including coordination with both Factory DC’s and Stand-Alone DC’s supporting shipping outbound and/or receiving inbound, in transit inventory management and control, transportation procurement activities, and the actual transport of goods and services globally. Negotiate with third party providers, freight forwarders and carriers alike.
• Oversee various logistics technology solutions and EDI used for transportation including B2B interfaces to key carrier partners (such as FedEx, DHL and UPS) where we have real time integration for obtaining tracking numbers, generating manifest and settling payments with carriers.
• Responsibilities include organization accountability for staffing decisions, mentoring and developing others, coaching, resource assignments to projects, and so on to ensure success of the organization and functional area.
• Staff, direct, motivate, train, develop and appraise logistics personnel in their various capacities to carry various functions and tasks to meet total customer service and logistics objectives.
• Effectively lead and communicate with transportation personnel to help align the business with customers and execute daily plans and special projects.
• A minimum of 10 years professional experience with at least 5 years of direct planning and logistics experience, ideally in global organization; at least 3 years directly managing others.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/ MA degree highly preferred.
• Proven customer centric focus: ability to influence culture and create alignment between business goals, behaviors, and systems that drive performance.
• Strong business acumen: an understanding of the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals of an organization.
• Ability to think, consult and influence strategically with all levels of managers and leaders.
• Demonstrated ability and experience in employee relations to resolve a variety of highly complex issues and providing solutions aligned with business needs with a strong foundation in the planning of logistical business situations.
• Strong analytical skills; demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret planning and logistics data and make recommendations based on trend analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to build credibility and effective relationships with leaders, managers and employees at all levels.
• Strong executive presence, excellent decision-making skills and the ability to work with a high degree of discretion.
• Experience in working in global organization with a multicultural environment.
• Effective leadership, management, and coaching skills; excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills (oral and written) to effectively communicate across all organizational levels; managerial courage, ability to have effective critical conversations, using diplomacy and tact to diffuse high tension situations effectively.