We are currently partnered with an industry leader within the building material space. They have recently created a new, Director of Logistics position that is a part of their corporate Supply Chain team and offers the ability to work remote.
The Director of Logistics will oversee sixteen company locations here in the United states. Our ideal candidate is an individual with strategic vision and expertise in both domestic and international freight. This person must be experienced with managing fleet as well possess ability to create/execute strategies to improve business process productivity & reduce freight costs. He/She will report into the VP of Supply Chain.
- 7+ years of hands on experience in leadership managing a transportation in a matrixed environment
- Bachelor’s degree is a must
- Management experience of multi-site transportation operations and modalities (direct, 3rd party, LTL, etc.)
- Experience in building/managing “made to order” shipment arrangements and programs
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities within the transportation function
- Ability to execute analytical and financial tasks with comprehensive accuracy