Title: Director of Learning & Development
Location: Oakland, CA
Lucas Group Job ID: 1572340
Travel Required: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Role Overview: Lucas Group has partnered with a leading professional services company on their search for a Learning and Development Director located in Oakland, CA. This individual will provide leadership, strategic direction and delivery of Learning & Development (L&D) processes and programs nationwide. This hands-on role will need to be able to shift from strategic to tactical work depending on the requirements of the situation. This individual needs to be comfortable and able to do stand-up delivery; therefore, excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical. The Director and the team will design and consult for our internal and external customers, as well as manage relationships with external vendors.
- Identify opportunities to provide services for new and existing clients, proposal writing and delivery, collaborating across teams and business units
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred.
- 10+ years of L&D management experience and a proven record of designing and implementing L&D initiatives
- Is a champion for innovation in the learning and development space; knows what best in class companies are doing and looks to integrate those best practices (e.g. gamification, web-based learning solutions)
- Strong Project Management and delivery focused
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Attention to detail and superior writing skills
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.