The Technology vertical at The Trevor Project includes Product & UX, AI & Engineering, and IT & Security. As Director of IT & Security, you will provide the vision and leadership for all Information Technology and security initiatives for The Trevor Project. You will be responsible for operating at a strategic level, working with the senior leadership team to identify technology needs and developing a living strategic IT plan. As Director of IT & Security you will drive results by leading the IT team to deliver technology solutions that meet our needs and lead day-to-day team problem solving, to ensure exceptional employee and user experience. You will also create and maintain our cyber security strategy and lead development, implementation, and operation of solutions to ensure data privacy and security for Trevor's life-saving work.
Who you are:
- Experienced. You are a well-rounded IT expert and have led teams in a hybrid and multi-national environment. You are familiar with identity management systems and working with legal teams on licensing agreements and vendor engagements. You have experience working in environments leveraging MacOS and Google Workspace.
- An Influential Leader. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork. You have built highly successful technical operations teams of cloud, security, and help desk professionals.
- Knowledgeable. You have a pulse on the industry and know innovative operational and security best practices that will drive new automated processes across the organization.
- Data-Driven. You use data to guide your decision-making process. You utilize the best tools to gather KPIs and metrics in order to select hardware, software, and IT services.
- Strategic. You act as a partner with business leaders and internal stakeholders and work with them to find opportunities for IT to help them reach their strategic goals.
- Savvy. You can skillfully own the vendor management process including sourcing, seeking quotes, and requests for proposals, negotiating, selecting vendors, and maintaining relationships that deliver results for Trevor.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, build, and mentor a high-performing team of technology operations experts through developing a “just culture” with psychological safety, clear goals, continuous feedback, and recognition
- Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the department
- Develop programs and champion security awareness to strengthen system security and mitigate risk
- Manage day-to-day operations of the department including directing staff, networking, user services, and communications functions
- Oversee security areas such as vulnerability management, identity & access management (IAM), endpoint detection & response (EDR), incident response, applications, and infrastructure security
- Develop, document, and implement information security procedures, including security audits, to operationalize information security standards and policies
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action; and recommending and purchasing all IT software and hardware
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems to improve functionality
- Develop and maintain relationships with external IT vendors and service providers, including creating vendor management and security review procedures
- Coach and mentor direct reports and internal partners across The Trevor Project to drive a culture of security awareness & best practices
Title: Director of IT & Security
Client Industry Non-Profit
Client Job ID: 1588372