Title: Director of IT Infrastructure
Location: Akron, OH
Lucas Group Job ID: 1571379
Employment Type: Permanent
Experience Level: Director
- Lead a team of Network Engineers and manage aspects of enterprise IT infrastructure
- Create and maintain an enterprise IT infrastructure strategy
- Develop technology roadmaps to define and ensure IT environment is supported, reliable, and secure
- Maintain IT infrastructure service catalog, define Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), and report technology metrics aimed at continuously improving the company's IT infrastructure
- Be a champion of company infrastructure policies and procedures
- Work with IT vendors to continuously manage performance, pricing, and contract negotiations
- Responsible for controlling costs and budgets
- Lead all aspects of designing, planning, and implementing all servers and data center operations
- Take ownership of network implementation, design, and ongoing management to deliver high performing and secure networking technologies
- Responsible for LAN / WAN / SD-WAN, Wireless Networking / Wi-Fi, remote access / VPN, switches, routers, firewalls, network monitoring / alerts, etc.
- Lead all aspects of telecommunications design, implementation, and ongoing management to deliver reliable, high performing, and secure telecommunication technologies, ultimately resulting in customer satisfaction
- Responsible for voice and data services, telecom circuits, network failover / backup circuits, phone / voice mail systems
- Responsible for administration of company-wide servers, storage, backup/restore, disaster recovery, data center operations, etc.
- Manage all IT infrastructure support level II+ activities, providing technical resources to resolve IT problems escalated to the group and servicing the customers / end-users promptly
- Engage with National IT Support and IT Service Desk, functioning as technical experts to resolve incidents and issues
- Responsible for training level I support staff
- Use ServiceNow for recording, tracking, and closing all work in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Requires 7+ years of total technical experience, with minimum of 1-2 years in a management role and minimum of 4 years in a technical infrastructure role
- Requires hands-on technical problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with various networking technologies is preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the year
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.