Lucas Group is conducting a search for a Director of Innovation on behalf of a cutting edge & rapidly expanding energy software company located in Houston. This is a newly formed, highly visible position that is key to the company's long-term growth strategy that will enhance their innovation framework and provide a unique value to their customers.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of 10+ highly skilled professionals focused on enhancing and scaling an AI driven, energy analytic platform while creating & driving the innovation strategic road map, leading research into AI/NLP/Data Science solutions, and interfacing with key internal and external stakeholder executives.
- Strong Understanding of Data Science, Machine Learning.
- Leading innovation strategy and optimization modeling
- Strong and proven programming experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python (NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, SciPy, Jupyter notebook) in Windows / Unix environment
- Experience with AI code and algorithm development and related software AWS lambda function, TensorFlow, etc.
- Working in an applied R&D environment with an agile innovation lab culture
- Understanding of ML/AI techniques and algorithm development
- Building software solutions in cloud environments such as AWS
Educational & Work Requirements:
- MS degree in Engineering or any related field, with data science specialty – Ph.D. preferred
- 8+ years of data analytics experience in a distributed computing environment;
- Energy/Utilities Industry background is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) to explain complex algorithms, solutions to stakeholders across multiple disciplines, and ability to work in a diverse team
- Experience in an applied R&D environment, working in an agile, innovation-lab culture to bring cutting-edge technologies from concept to implementation
- Excellent in data-driven statistical analysis & modeling solutions
Title: Director of Innovation
Client Industry: Information Technology Services
Location: Houston, TX
Lucas Group ID: 1587130