* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience. *
Will run the contractual operations of multiple terminals, reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Operations while executing the operational vision of the Owner and Sr. Director. The ideal candidate will have significant experience building and managing a team, with the willingness to work long hours as necessary.
- Responsible for oversight of 2-3 managers and up to 60 drivers.
- Handles day to day operations to ensure on-time delivery rate of 99.5% with a strong organizational safety rating and reduction in work related injuries.
- Administers vehicle maintenance program to keep equipment in good repair and reduce maintenance costs.
- Review and revise important operational processes including Training Procedures, Hiring Process, Maintenance Program, Equipment Inventory, etc.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in Systems Engineering.)
- Knowledge of DOT/ Driver regulations.
- Knowledge of implementing lean supply chain management principles is a plus.
- Previous package delivery experience and logistics knowledge is a plus.
- Commercial driving experience preferred, but not required.
Title: Director of Fleet Operations
Location: Manassas VA
Lucas Group Job ID: 1586209