Our centrally located and fast growing client is searching for an Accounting Director. The Director will have oversight of several functions in the corporate accounting and/or financial reporting teams, including the financial statement consolidation process and financial analysis.
This role will serve as an Advisor for technical accounting matters, including M&A due diligence and integration. Will be responsible for, and implementing, all financial policies under GAAP. This position reports to the VP – Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that financial statements are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, GAAP and reporting requirements.
• Monitor emerging accounting issues and new pronouncements to ensure that the financial statements are presented in accordance with GAAP.
• Performs technical accounting research on various new or proposed accounting standards changes or on specific company transactions and provide written policy memo’s.
• Leads the implementation of new accounting standards, updating accounting policies and supporting the training efforts on changes.
• Supports the financial operations in fielding questions about accounting policies or technical accounting matters.
• Lead the financial statement due diligence of any potential and executed acquisitions or divestitures. Responsible for the purchase price accounting, policy memo’s and integration of acquired entities.
• Analyze, research and document critical and complex accounting and reporting issues.
• Serve as a primary liaison to external auditors to coordinate the annual audit.
• Responsible for annual evaluate of intangibles and goodwill.
• Responsible for company stock based compensation accounting.
• Undergraduate Degree in Accounting and CPA certification required
• 10+ years of accounting in industry and/or public accounting to include technology company or clients, International business a plus.
• M&A accounting
• Strong knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting.
• Prior management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing teams.
• Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
• Experience with process improvements/automation