Title: Director, HR & Organizational Development
Reports to: CEO
Location: Lombard, IL
Lucas Group has by a leading health & wellness organization on their search for a Director, HR & Organizational Development. The company is family owned and has 30 locations across the country, employing over 2,000 employees.
The Director HR & Organizational Development is a newly shaped position tasked to partner closely with the executive team to lead, build and enhance the human resources and talent strategy for the company. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: recruiting, onboarding, employee engagement, learning and development, employee surveys, performance management system and general employee matters.
- Developing an enterprise-wide human resources and talent strategy by partnering closely with leadership team and building strong relationships across home office and field locations to align with current and future business needs.
- Build and continue to develop existing framework and processes for onboarding, leadership development and overall organizational development.
- Develop holistic performance management strategy, including processes related to goal setting, annual performance reviews, internal career paths and succession planning.
- Analyze results from engagement survey to lead action planning to improve employee engagement and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manage and develop talent acquisition team, tools, and processes, including vendor management and employment branding.
- Serve as HR Business Partner to executive team, as well as leaders across home office and field locations, providing guidance on talent management, employee relations, compliance, and employment law.
- Act as employee advocate, trusted confidante and internal coach to leaders and employees
- Serve as key member on acquisition integration team.
- Contribute to development and continued optimization of HRIS system, Ceridian DayForce
- Lead, coach and develop general HR team.
Profile & Qualifications
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience, including 5+ years of experience leading a team in a relevant industry (fitness, healthcare, hospitality, retail, or similar service-focused industry)
- Strong experience in organizational development, including project management and experience building and implementing processes from start to finish.
- A humble, personable relationship builder with experience influencing and creating meaningful relationships with managers and leaders
- Experience with new market entry’s and and acquisition integration.
- Strong work ethic with entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on approach; a strategic thinker who is operationally focused.
- Smart, energetic, strategic, self-confident, and emotionally secure individual with a strong presence who can act as a trusted advisor and confidante of the company.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- A manager with a reputation for proactively using the human resources function to help accomplish the company’s mission and objectives.
- Experience with Ceridian DayForce or similar, cloud based HCM platform