Lucas Group has joined with a top entertainment company in their search for a Director of Human Resources/Employee Relations in Los Angeles, California. This is an onsite, excellent opportunity to support the SVP of HR for their production support for all levels of employees throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will lead and facilitate growth in a collaborative culture, as well as handle day to day employee relations issues.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provide daily strategic HR support particularly with compliance, compensation, recruitment, and employee relations
- Monitors trends and analyze areas for growth and executes key actions, trainings, and curriculum to improve leaders, policies, and procedures for maximum efficiency
- Partner with recruiting and business leaders to effectively utilize metrics and data to communicate strategic recommendations and best practices
- Collaborate with legal and all levels of the organization to utilize data from digital platforms to oversee all aspects of HR operations including maintaining records for all employee actions
- Use effective communication throughout the organization to monitor performance
- Manage conflict scenarios by collecting data and working with employees to understand the situation and determine reasonable and appropriate resolutions.
- Build trust, participare in merger and acquisitions, and leverage meaningful relationships to create and implement company wide effective HR policies and procedures
- Provides mentoring for leadership to drive positive employee engagement and improving retention by focusing on best practices and maintaining appropriate documentation, interventions, and procedures for engagement programs, performance reviews, and termination
- Monitor and maintain employee policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all HR local, state, and federal laws
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, business or related field.
- 7+ years HR experience, preference for employee relations specialist or generalist/manager experience
- Human Resources Management Certificate or Senior Professional in HR (SPHR)
- Labor union and Media/Broadcast/Cable/Production experience strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to work professionally with all levels of the organization
- Utilize strong communication, creativity and problem solving,and project management skills to lead and execute tactical and strategic priorities.
- Excellent computer skills particularly with Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, WorkDay HRIS preferred
- Ability to utilize analytical skills and a passion for Human Relations to succeed in fast paced, diverse environments
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations and manage conflict at all levels of the organization
Title: Director of Human Resources/Employee Relations
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Client Industry: Entertainment
Lucas Group ID: