Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Director of Global Accounting.
The Director will coordinate all of the technical accounting research and policy setting processes and partner with other teams within the global controllership group. The role is expected to lead accounting standard implementations, consult with business partners on accounting impacts of complex transactions, provide input on structuring of legal agreements, develop accounting research whitepapers, and provide internal training and education on accounting matters. There are significant process management responsibilities, including actively partnering with multiple functions, including Corporate and Segment Accounting, Business Development, FP&A, Business Finance, Treasury and Legal. The role will have significant interaction with senior leadership and will manage technical accounting matters with the external auditors.
- Lead global team in developing and presenting technical accounting conclusions, accounting policy implementation, and adhering to/augmenting compliance efforts, as required.
- Manage the implementation of new accounting standards, including but not limited to:
- Assessing and documenting financial and business adoption impacts
- Establishing an adoption plan/timeline and managing adoption efforts across segments
- Creating policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Coordinating with Compliance and Controls with respect to new processes and controls
- Providing training and education to relevant stakeholders
- Prepare technical accounting whitepapers for new, complex, or unusual transactions
- Track accounting issues to ensure oversight and SOX compliance
- Monitor FASB, SEC and other relevant standard-setting activities and serve as an internal expert on various accounting standards
- Update and enhance the company’s global accounting policies, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Evaluate transactions with Business Development, including
- Perform due diligence of potential acquisition targets
- Review agreements and provide financial/accounting assessment of terms and conditions
- Oversee purchase accounting for acquisitions, including reviews of valuations for intangible assets and goodwill
- Review other transactions, which could include license arrangements, divestitures, joint ventures, etc.
- Establish and develop relationships with finance leadership globally and across all geographical/business lines.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Strong analytical, communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills
- Intellectually curious and driven to execute
- Successful track record of managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- 10+ years of accounting experience, including Big 4 or regional firm experience, with recent technical accounting (US GAAP) and SEC reporting experience
- CPA required
- Knowledge of multinational companies is also beneficial
Location: Downtown Chicago with remote options