Lucas Group's Client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their Infrastructure/Development team. This is a permanent full-time opportunity with the end-client. The right individual will be involved in using cutting edge technologies to help the firm move all of their legacy applications to the cloud infrastructure. The firm is currently using the following technologies AWS, Terraform, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, CloudFront and Puppet.
- Design and architect operational solutions for managing application and infrastructure, across data centers and cloud providers, with the specific goal of increasing the automation, repeatability, and consistency of operational tasks.
- Architect, design, and implement, test, document and deliver highly scale products.
- Write automated unit and integration tests for new and existing software applications to ensure they meet the high-quality standard.
- 3-5 years supporting a production Linux environment
- Deep understanding of web operations and delivery (HTTP, Load Balancing, etc.)
- Experience with automation tools: Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Git and/or Bitbucket
- Understand and have implemented Docker and other container based systems.
- Strong passion for automation, testing, and code quality
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Google Compute.)
- CI/CD best practices with Jenkins/Git/Bitbucket
- Experience with CI/CD and configuration management
- Container orchestration (Kubernetes/Swarm)
- Experience in DB migration, maintenance.
- Experience with Redis, MongoDB, MySql.
- Experience with log aggregation using ELK (Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana).
- Experience with scripting languages.