* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Looking for a Deputy Program Manager for a large opportunity for supporting operations for Integrated Information & Cyber Security Services including Enterprise Operations, End User Support, Software Engineering, Cloud Technology, and Cyber Security. The Deputy serves as the onsite day-to-day point of accountability for management of all tasks, services, plans and resources including subcontractors. He/she executes customer communication and coordination, ensuring quality performance and that the team accomplishes all operational requirements. This position will be responsible for all program activities in the absence of the Program Manager including cost, schedule, and technical performance.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level. Prefer active DOE Q or Top Secret clearance.
• Deputy for DC based Service Delivery organization of up to 500 FTEs across diverse locations.
• Organize, plan, schedule, implement, control, analyze, and report on operational elements of the contract to meet customer requirements in coordination with the Program Manager.
• Participate in Innovation and IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices (e.g., ITIL) as related to the needs of the business.
• Coordinate or lead program reviews and briefings, both internal and with the customer.
• Proactively identify, analyze and mitigate risks and capture opportunities while driving change
• Coordinate with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions when required.
• Drive continuous service improvement and innovation.
• Create plans and processes required to meet all performance, schedule, quality, cost, and security requirements.
• Connect with related contracts to delivery effectively for the customer.
• Provide leadership, management and interpersonal communication skills necessary to lead team.
• Remain conversant with the industry’s computer security technology and practices.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Coordinate staffing actions, including recruitment, supervision, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
• Active TOP SECRET clearance and/or U.S. Department of Energy Q clearance
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance at a Q level
• Bachelor’s Degree in information Technology, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and 10+ years of direct work experience reflecting demonstrated ability is required or a Master’s Degree and 8+ years of direct related work experience.
• Experience in managing enterprise operations including Cloud implementation, Cyber Security, data center, networks, end user services and SOC operations
• Ability to collaborate with senior level customers and technical staff in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
• Experience leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary staff of various labor categories and skills and a large group of subcontractors to deliver IT Services
• Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials and communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and stakeholders.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• DOE site experience strongly preferred
• Experience leading large Enterprise IT or similar programs of $50M annually
• Active Project Management Institute (PMI) Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
• ITIL Certification
• Experience in both Classified and Unclassified operations.