Title: Data Modeler
Location: Dayton, OH
Lucas Group Job ID: 1572645
Role Overview: Lucas Group is seeking a Data Modeler for a growing healthcare organization that is going through a data transformation.
- Translate business needs into data models that integrate with the Enterprise Data Model
- Develop data models according to enterprise data management practices
- Ensure the quality of data submitted to regulatory agencies by developing detailed metadata for submissions
- Design data models for reporting and analytic databases that translate business and regulatory rules and definitions into data structures
- Design data models for development of new transactional systems
- Design data models for development of a data warehouse and data marts
- Reverse engineer data models for existing databases and systems
- Work with data analysts to identify data issues within the organization and assist in the development plans to resolve data issues
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation that provides trace-ability for all enterprise data back to its source
- Participate in projects designed to create record of reference systems for key enterprise data
- Define and adhere to standard metadata naming conventions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years, or relevant work experience is required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in data modeling (conceptual, logical, and physical) is required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with the administration of data and/or experience as a data architect is preferred
- Experience in application database development and data warehouse development is required
- Experience with cloud hosted and big data solutions is preferred
- Erwin data modeling software
- Expert knowledge of data normalization and de-normalization
- Expert knowledge of data mapping and data dictionaries
- Relational & dimensional database modeling concepts and practices
- Effective understanding of MS SQL
Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, Lucas Group has led and continuously transformed the executive recruiting industry by delivering transcendent executive talent to our corporate clients while helping individuals fully realize their career ambitions. Our collaborative culture attracts and rewards the industry’s top recruiters and, coupled with industry-leading methodologies, drives superior results.
We have unparalleled reach across major U.S. cities, job functions and industries, with divisions specializing in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Military Transition, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, as well as Contract Engineering.
From a one-man operation in 1970 in Atlanta, Lucas Group has grown to nearly 450 employees and our success is built on unmatched customer service and bottom line results.
Our objective: To be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs.