Lucas Group has partnered with our client in their search for a Data Engineer. Our client is an upcoming technology company who is empowering energy consumers with lower costs and unmatched customer engagement.
This Data Engineer will enjoy working in a fast-growing collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with a team of front end and back end engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Defines company data assets (data models), and other jobs to populate data models.
- Designs data integration and data quality framework.
- Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL/python based ETL framework
- Superb SQL programming skill.
- Hands on skills in Python.
- Must have SQL skills and query language used with Hadoop and SPARK
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Evaluating and defining metrics and perform exploratory analysis
- Monitoring key product metrics and understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Empower and assist operation and product teams through building key data sets and data-based recommendations
- Understanding of ETL tools and database architecture.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Computer Science or Mathematics
- 4 years of data analytics experience in a distributed computing environment
Title: Data Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Client Industry: Information Technology
Client Job ID: 1586696