Lucas Group has partnered with our client in Arlington, VA on their search for a remote Data Engineer. Our client believes every person has a unique gift and in order to succeed as a society, we need to help each other find and express those gifts so individuals can contribute to solving the problems we face. They believe in accomplishing this with bottom-up solutions. Our client offers plenty of internal growth opportunity as well as excellent benefits and flexibility.
What You Will Do:
- Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions with a flexible and adaptable data architecture.
- Contribute to the architecture and implementation of next generation data and BI solutions from the ground up
- Manage AWS resources including Redshift, S3, EC2, Athena, Glue, etc.
- Optimize automated processes for performance and fault tolerance
- Optimize support for ad-hoc analysis across various data sources
- Collaborate with BI Engineers, Software Engineers, and cross-functionally to deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines.
- Make large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable, and usable by applications and teams
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses supporting analytics
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining ETL pipelines
- experience developing business intelligence applications such as Tableau and PowerBI
- proficiency with SQL
- experience with AWS services - Redshift, Athena, Aurora, Glue, S3, EC2
- Experience in Python or Java is a plus
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree Not Required
- 5+ years as Data Engineer
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Data Engineer
Client Job ID: 1584376