Lucas Group is looking for an insightful Data Engineer to join our client's growing team of analytics experts. The candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong data engineering experience looking to grow toward a Data Architect role.
The data projects are relatively small, only about half of a Terabyte, but we have almost 30 data sources to manage, which will likely grow in the near future. The ideal candidate will have experience with Social Media data sources. In this role you'll support software developers, data analysts, and data managers on initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. To thrive in this role you must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products and strong in your ability to communicate with technical and non-technical customers. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
This is a contract-to-hire role and can work remotely.
What You Will Do:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Keep our data separated and secure across all boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Athena, S3, and familiarization with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc. (do not need to have all of these)
- Experience with Social Media analytics, such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing and stream processing
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Database Analytics, or related field (degree not required)
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Data Engineer
Client Job ID: 1584376