Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Corporate Logistics Manager.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
This company is looking for a Corporate Logistics Manager (Transportation & Warehousing) to join our Supply Chain organization and provide ownership of Welch's logistics initiatives. This leader will be responsible for administering the day-to-day operational execution as well as developing and implementing cost effective strategies that optimize service levels to our customers within our financial targets.
What You’ll Do:
• Develop the long term Transport & Warehousing Strategy; optimize service and cost; utilize available tools such as strategic sourcing and technology.
• Lead and mentor our team of Transportation & Warehousing professionals.
• Negotiate with transportation service providers for cost-effective rates and sufficient capacity to support Welch's business and customer service requirements.
• Primary interface with Finance team in the development of annual budgets, ongoing 'outlooks' and variance reconciliations. 'Own' the numbers; identify and document key opportunities and risks.
• Manage 3PL relationships ensuring the operating parameters and business rules align with Welch's vision and that shipments comply with state and federal standards.
• Develop, lead and implement cost savings including: proactive cost analysis; optimization by traffic lane; and transport/warehousing related projects.
• Manage multiple Warehouses across our channels and business segments, including eCommerce and Variety Pack/Display Pallet (MODs) Programs
• Establish operational and financial plans which support company business goals and commitments; drive achievement of plans through relentless focus on execution
• Develop and maintain relevant key performance indicators such as 3PL Scorecards and FEFO Adherence
• Lead continuous improvement programs and manage our projects to deliver sustainable performance
• Work closely with internal and external resources in support of the business; including: Finance, Materials Planning/Inbounds, CoMfg, Customer Operations, Manufacturing, Sales, IT, HR, 3PL Warehouses, and TMS & Transport service providers.
Who You Are:
• Considerable knowledge of domestic transportation and warehousing including current industry challenges and strategies to control cost while improving customer service levels.
• Leader with the ability to motivate, develop and optimize a team of diverse individuals
• Proven experience in developing and managing external partnerships and outsourced/hybrid models.
• Possesses strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to assess information, extract/summarize key factors, prepare and present findings to management in a succinct and professional manner.
• Proven leader of Logistics' functions, preferably within the CPG vertical
• Results oriented and performance driven against challenging KPI's
• Analytical, with the ability to translate numbers into action
• Understands the needs of the customer and consumer by using technology, data and insights.
• Makes decisions that positively impact the current and future state of the business.
• Works relentlessly to overachieve, anticipate obstacles, and creates plans to overcome them.
• Sets stretch goals and plans to achieve them.
• Develops meaningful relationships and collaborates across departments.
• Engages in healthy dialogue and makes decisions with Welch's best interest in mind.
• Continuously changes the status quo and seeks ways to improve and develop.
• A Bachelor's Degree (Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business Administration preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Minimum of 7+ years of experience in Transportation and Logistics
• Experience working in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry is preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing teams
• Lean Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt) or other Continuous Improvement Certification preferred
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and Transportation Management (TMS); experience with Oracle a plus
• Ability to travel up to 20%
What You'll Enjoy
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Robust health and paid time off benefits.
- Generous 401k plan
Title: Corporate Logistics Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Client Industry: Food Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: