Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a specialty insurance brokerage company, on its search for a Corporate Legal Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions. This role will focus on supporting the company’s strategic acquisitions. As a key member of the Legal team, this position will work closely with the company's Mergers and Acquisitions, Operations, Human Resources, and Finance teams.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Works on a wide variety of mergers and acquisition transactions, with responsibility for progressing the company’s ambitious acquisition plan .
- Performs front-line management of deals, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the key transactional documents, performing legal due diligence, managing outside counsel, facilitating closings and requisite filings and disclosures, managing projects to a budget, and leading post-closing integration.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Five (5)+ years of legal experience
- Direct experience in working on and closing merger and acquisition transactions in the insurance industry strongly preferred
- Regulatory experience including HIPAA compliance experience preferred
- Willingness to assist with commercial and other needs.
Title: Corporate Legal Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions
Location: Chicago, IL
Client Industry: Insurance
Client Job ID: 1581151