Lucas Group is partnered with a large Financial Services company to find a new Chief Operation Officer to lead in the formation of a new Operations group.
The successful leader will be highly skilled in identifying and addressing areas for operational investment and improvement and will also establish procedures to ensure ongoing consistency. The position is a hands-on role with an expectation of developing operational excellence and recruiting necessary talent. The team is lean and will grow over time, so it is critical to feel comfortable producing personal work product, in addition to collaborating. The COO will need to be skillful in working closely with technology teams, including internal, lender, and point of sale technology provider teams. The core operational goal is to facilitate significant volume and ensure the operational performance of compliance requirements.
- 8 to 10 years of mortgage industry operations experience preferred, but other financial services operational experience considered; management and execution experience critical
- College degree required
- Track record of successful operational performance and leadership, ideally obtained in a mortgage brokerage firm
- Strong process and planning orientation with demonstrated project management experience
- Goal-oriented and task-driven
- Able to see the big picture and plan out details
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication abilities