* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Job Description & Responsibilities:
Makes, reads, trouble-shoots electrical wiring diagrams. Has knowledge of electrical and electronic components, wiring practices as described by the National Electrical Code. Can trouble-shoot electrical problems on equipment while practicing electrical safety. HVAC electrical controls experience a definite plus.
- Generate Horizon electrical schematics for production and verify accuracy before releasing.
- Generate Horizon electrical schematics for units requested by sales.
- Calculate electrical data for dual point power units, FLA, and MOP based on recognized methods.
- Assist with electrical questions from sales/customers.
- Assist with electrical issues/inquiries from Technical Support Department
- Review and approve deviations from standard practice including electrical component requests from purchasing, design engineering, or production regarding compliance with NEC, UL 1995, or other applicable standards.
- Aid Engineering with BOM questions or discrepancies.
- Assist in performing electrical trouble-shooting and testing of equipment in production and in product development.
- Determine and establish wiring and component installation practices and verify these are communicated when necessary on production assembly drawings and other technical support materials where appropriate.
- Reads, interprets, and draws wiring diagrams in CAD
- Generate Lisp routines to automate electrical wiring diagrams
- May be required to assemble and wire electrical components, controls, and panels for electrical equipment and prototypes.
- May be required to test components and circuitry with various gauges, meters, and testing equipment. Recommend and specify electrical test equipment for use in production and support. May recommend various improvements in electrical installation in production.
- Electrical Component layout drawings as required.
- Stopping unsafe acts, specifically regarding electrical wiring, testing, and equipment operation.
- Assist production techs with electrical problems on jobs, when required.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Controls Engineering Degree with NEC Certification highly desirable.
- Capable of using common hand tools, Gages, multimeters and hand operated power equipment.
- Safety training in applicable industry areas, i.e., arc flash, lock out/tag out, etc..
Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Louisville KY
Client Job ID: 1580604