Lucas Group has partnered with our Industrial Automation client in Cincinnati, OH on their search for a Controls Engineer. The Controls Engineer assists in the design and development of programs for material handling equipment and participates in all phases of product development lifecycle, including the analysis, design, electrical designs, installation support, electrical installation debugging and support of other complimentary engineering staff associated with the electrical hardware engineering. Resolves site requirement changes, and support solutions to complete designed equipment installation.
What You Will Do:
- Programs systems to support equipment operations.
- Interfaces with internal engineering/project management and customers to determine system requirements.
- Supports electrical installation via interfacing to electrical installers.
- Debugs electrical installation of controls and motor components.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Regular travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years prior electrical engineering experience
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Client Industry: Industrial Automation
Client Job ID: 1579745