Chicago-based Hispanic ethinic food brand is seeking a CONTROLLER & VP of Finance. In business for over 50 years, brands hold leading market positions among authentic ethinic foods. Unquie opertunity to report directly to the CEO with a dotted line ot the Private Equity firm.
- Located on southwest side of Chicago.
- Report directly to CEO and be part of a small senior management team.
- Work in a small company environment (~50 employees) and be a hands-on team player, managing 2 clerical staff and an office manager.
- Get involved in more than just accounting, including interacting with the company’s owners. lenders, external auditors, HR and IT.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Manage cash, A/P, A/R, inventory and production control and GL.
- Manage process of providing the appropriate levels of credit to customers and ensure timely collection of accounts receivable.
- Prepare timely bank and account reconciliations and financial reporting packages.
- Develop a documented system of accounting controls, policies and procedures, such as controls around cash collections and disbursements.
- Prepare annual budget and analyze variances, including profitability by product line and customer and propose actions to improve performance.
- Analyze cost of sales focusing on direct material and direct labor.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators for the business.
Risk Management, Compliance, IT:
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, including all employee-related matters.
- Monitor and report debt payments and covenant compliance.
- Prepare and lead external annual audit with CPA firm.
- Negotiate and structure arrangements with vendors.
- Manage human resource matters and employee benefit plans, payroll and insurance programs.
- Manage and maximize use of the information systems.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- 7+ years of financial management experience.
- Strong cost accounting experience within a multi-product manufacturing environment.
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- ERP/MRP experience highly desired.
- Fluency in Spanish desirable.