Controller Job Description:
Lucas Group has been engaged by a growing Houston-based Private Equity firm on their search for a Controller. This position will oversee management company accounting, valuations, treasury and work very closely with the Investment team and 3rd party Fund administrator. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in Big 4 audit and understanding of funds.
- Management Company Accounting
- Oversee quarterly and annual financials prepared by fund administrator
- Oversee the preparation of valuations
- Assist with financial modeling for the funds
- Manage the year-end audit process with public accounting firm and our fund administrators
- Manage borrowings, compliance, and reporting for Credit facilities
- Manage annual federal, state and foreign tax compliance
- Perform general review of monthly financials of portfolio companies and proactively notify deal team of accounting inconsistencies/irregularities.
- Support deal team with due diligence requests as needed during fundraising
- 5+ years of experience including Big 4 audit
- Experience in Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Venture Capital
Client Industry: Private Equity
Lucas Group ID: 1587966