Lucas Group has partnered with our client on their search for a Controller. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, full service, consulting firm in the oil and gas industry. The ideal candidate will have management level accounting experience along the ablity to manage the monthly close process, including budget to actual variance analysis and preparation of the monthly financial reporting and quarterly reporting packages. Candidates with previous experience working for consulting companies are encouraged to apply.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Prepares, publishes and presents timely monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc financial reports
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Responsible for the reconciliation of financials.
- Oversees and participates in payroll operations, including the processing and accuracy of all payroll, including ensuring payroll taxes are remitted accurately and timely
- Manage external auditor and tax relationships to facilitate the completion of audit/tax procedures in a timely and efficient manner
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive accounting experience / Previous experience as Controller at $50M+ Company
- Previous experience in staffing and workforce solutions a plus
- Previous international experience is a plus
- Ability to process complex accounting transactions and provide out of the box solutions
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA required)
- 10-15 years of Controller expereince
Location: The Woodlands
Client Industry: Consulting Firm