Our Client, a Houston landmark in the performing arts, seeks a Controller to lead their Accounting and Finance team. The Controller will oversee the accounting, tax and audit activities of the organization and subsidiaries. With a flexible work environment, this role has in-office and remote options.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a culturally enriched industry, and a great way to utilize leadership experience to contribute to the growth of the company and make an impact through process improvements and initiatives.
• Direct accounting operations: Ensuring the accuracy, effectiveness, and productivity of AP, invoicing/billing/customer records, AR, payroll receivables/liabilities, GL accounting and cost accounting.
• Supervise a team of two
• Maintain compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Issue timely, complete and accurate quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, working with external auditors and assessing/implementing changes, as necessary.
• Review/comply with all FASB and GAAP regulations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; CPA preferred
• Accounting exp. working with donors
• Financial Edge software knowledge
• Understanding of revenue recognition, touching the income statement and balance sheet
• Leadership qualities
• Initiative to learn and grow
Job ID: 1580869