Lucas Group is exclusively partnered with a construction organization located in Northwest Houston to help them find a Controller. This is a well established and family-oriented team environment.
The Controller oversees the day-to-day operations of the finance functions and duties. The Controller carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: corporate accounting regulatory & financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, develop and maintain of internal control policies and procedures.
Controller Job Duties Include:
- Prepares financial statements.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Review and approve general ledger transactions performed by accounting team.
- Manage and document chart of account changes, additions, subtractions and adjustments.
- Performs monthly reconciliations, financial closing, journal entries, and preparation of financial statements.
- Supports the leadership team with operational and financial projects and objectives.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules and achieves budget objectives.
- Provides status on financial condition to leadership.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and developing procedures.
- Enhance efficiency with Accounting & Human Resources departments utilizing automation and process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- CPA with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of five years’ experience
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess a hands-on professional attitude.
- QuickBooks Enterprise experience a must
Job ID: 1580336