Our client, privately-owned, industrial services company, is seeking a Controller to join their team. This position will oversee and manages all financial reporting, accounting and payroll activities for this growing organization. An individual with proven experience in process improvement/streamlineing who is flexible and detail-oriented is the ideal candidate.
- Oversees all A/R, A/P, and Payroll activities. Generates customer invoices, processes vendor invoices and processes weekly payroll in accounting system.
- Prepares G/L and timely financial reports. Oversees monthly financial close and reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts. Prepares monthly financial statements. Prepares cashflow reports and other financial reports, as needed.
- Maintains and manages banking relationships.
- Communicates with customers and suppliers, as required, by fax, phone, e-mail and letters to address A/R and A/P issues.
- Provides training as needed to subordinate personnel, or to new employees, when requested:
- Ensures that staff understands that the Customer is our first priority, and that each employee is here to support this priority.
- Develops and implements training programs for all accounting staff.
- Reports customer or company staff problems to the General Manager
- Maintains the confidentiality of company, customer and personnel information.
- Insures proper tax compliance (federal, state and local) – income tax, payroll taxes and property. Works with outside tax preparers, as needed. Prepares annual W-2’s for employees, prepares annual property tax renditions, prepares quarterly and annual payroll tax filings.
- Maintains relationship with outside accounting firm and oversees annual financial audits.
- Works with outside insurance company on annual renewal of Property & Casualty coverages and also employee health insurance.
- Manages HR responsibilities for the company. Processes new hires, assists with employee issues and terminates employees, as needed., helps administer company policies.
- Evaluates the performance of subordinate employees and reviews their evaluation with them at least once a year.
- Supports the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the company’s quality management system.
- This management position includes responsibility for attending scheduled management meetings, before or after normal working hours.
- Accounting software & computer skills.
- CPA or CMA Certified +
- Must be bilingual - English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle several projects at once, and quickly solves problems.
Job ID: 1579838