Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
The Controller is responsible for ensuring accuracy in general ledger processing, reconcile accounts, processing a weekly payroll, managing cash, preparing tax documents, and actively participating in budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Maintaining timely and accurate general ledger (posting entries, recording accruals, etc.).
- Maintaining timely and accurate account reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly financial statements, including monthly WIP reports.
- Leading annual financial audit process.
- Daily cash management, including cash forecasting.
- Participating in the budgeting and forecasting process as requested.
- Track construction accounting on Percent Complete format for projects
- Oversee accounts payable
- Manage project contract administration and monthly contract billing. Manage all subcontractor contract administration including certified payroll, payments and lien releases.
- Understanding and practical application of sales tax regulations for contractors. Oversee preparation of quarterly sales tax returns.
- Hiring, training and supervising accounting and office administration personnel as required.
- Proficient in the use of Accounting Systems, Timberline a plus
- Prepare and file all required corporate and government reports, including GSA contract requirements. Maintain all business licenses, and contractor licenses.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent and 4+ years accounting/finance experience required.
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Experience with all aspects of finance function including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Cash management experience.