* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Essential Job Functions/ Requirements:
Prior experience as maintenance mechanic or related manufacturing/ Plant engineering experience.
No Degree Required, but is a plus.
If applicable, licenses are required by state, industry, city, country, etc.
- Must possess/ maintain a valid license to operate applicable equipment.
- Must have strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills. Strong Meter skills.
- Be able to use appropriate software to troubleshoot, modify, and program PLC’s and HMI’s
- Demonstrate skills with AB software for 5/05, Compact Logix, and panel View HMI’s.
- Assist and manage mechanics working on plant production equipment issues.
- Strive to improve production issues that drive quality or efficiency.
- Maintain critical component inventory.
- Familiar with scales, Temperature Sensors, Flow meters, Level Control, servo motors, Servo Drives, VFD’s.
- Communication skills in networking, wireless access points, routers, switches, hubs and cables.
- Candidate will work on both electrical and mechanical issues.
Ability to proficiently perform the following craft functions to include but not limited: Troubleshoots and repair of complex mechanical and electrically controlled machines or equipment within a fast paced automated manufacturing environment. Demonstrate the ability to mentor, train, guide and test assigned mechanic associates who have not the experience or abilities in the core competencies of the position and discipline. The incumbent must possess the ability to be a point of contact between the maintenance mechanics assigned to his/her team and operations supervision.
Primary Job Duties:
- Work in a safe manner, be able to properly use, care and maintain all tools and equipment, and keep work area and shop clean.
- Assist supervision with planning, development of preventive maintenance tasks and techniques as well as follow-up on open and unresolved issues as often as needed.
- Mentor, guide, train and test mechanics in technical and safety competencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Safety procedures, blue prints, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately diagnose and repair assigned equipment or system failures to minimize downtime in an effort to achieve production efficiency objectives.
- Assist Production with routine maintenance decisions in absence of maintenance supervision or plant engineer.
- Ability to perform all duties required of the maintenance mechanics of lower skill levels.
- Timely and professional response to service calls to diagnose and resolve equipment failures.
- Embrace and promote timely completion of preventive maintenance and other type of company work orders.
- Embrace and promote an environment of teamwork between peers, maintenance associates, operators, company associates, contractors, OEM representatives and supervision.
- Actively support company goals, missions, and programs.
- Monitor mechanics during repairs and PMS to ensure safe work habits.
- Preform a daily walk through inspection of the plant for safety issues
- Monitor all employees for work rules violations
- Perform periodic lock out/ tag-out verification tests.
- Ensure proper GMPs are followed at all times by all employees
- Responsible for enforcing sanitation rules to all employees
- Enforce department cleaning schedule for shop and parts area.