Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Controls Systems Technician: Electrician.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions for assembling electronic units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
- Test electronic units, using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine the need for adjustment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems.
- Assemble, test, and maintain circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions and/or technical manuals.
- Adjust and replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry and electronic components.
- Maintain system logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment.
- Calibrate magnetic flow meters, level, temperature, DO (dissolved oxygen) & pH meters.
- Troubleshoot variable frequency drives and corrects internal problems such as changing IGBTs (integrated gate board transistors), gate driver boards, processor boards, displays, fuses, cooling fans etc.
- Replace magnetic starter, overload block, auxiliary, switches, breakers, CTs and other electrical components within the motor control centers.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair and calibrate various microprocessor based electronic equipment.
- Replace PLC (programmable logic controllers) input/output cards, PLC power supplies and adjacent components within field panels as required.
- Upload/Download PLC programs as needed.
- Maintain and repair individual instruments used to monitor and control flow, pressure, level, and temperature in gas and liquid media.
- Calibrate gas detection equipment, change sensors and transmitters, set operating parameters, and make necessary repairs throughout plant and the pumping stations.
- Troubleshoot fire detection equipment and replace components as needed.
- Sets operation parameters on field components such as flow meters, pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, and ultrasonic level transmitters.
- Maintain, test, and troubleshoot emergency generator, motors, HVAC and lighting equipment.
- Install lighting fixtures, ballast, photocells, timers, relays, surge suppressors, uninterruptible power supplies, and other electrical components as needed.
- Attend all electrical safety courses including lock out/ tag out and arc flash protection.
- Ability to measure and run conduit for new installations and the repair of the old ones.
- Troubleshoot HVAC network problems and SCADA network problems down to the associated field components.
- Review products, specifications, and system designs pertaining to wastewater treatment equipment.
- Perform operability reviews of processes, products, and plant procedures.
- Attend plant expansion and modification meetings.
- Perform major repair and replacement of I&C (instrument and control) and electrical equipment.
- Make recommendations for changes in plant I&C (instrument and control) and electrical systems.
- Actively promotes safe behaviors and health awareness at all times in the execution of daily tasks.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) equivalent.
- Virginia Journeyman electrical license.
- Five (5) years’ experience in wastewater treatment plants or industrial facility.
- Knowledge of control system communication platforms such as Allen Bradley PLC 5s, SLC 500 controllers, RS 232, Ethernet, and ControlNet.
- Ability to read technical prints and drawings.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting on various types of equipment associated with control systems such as electrical panels, programmable logic controllers I/O, I/O devices, and pneumatic operated equipment.
- Ability to recognize and identify trends in instrumentation and control systems as needed to identify and recommend more efficient and effective replacement equipment.
- Ability to perform and calculate arithmetic and algebra, and apply them to operations.
- Ability to use computer software programs (i.e., MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Op10, Avantis, SCADA, CMMS, Intranet, Internet, Rslinx,Rslogic)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Lighting Management Systems and Building Automations Systems.
- Knowledge of switchgears, transformers, transfer switches, motor control centers.
- Ability to use hand held test equipment (meters, pressure calibrators, current simulators, hand held smart devices).
Title: Control Systems Technician: Electrician
Location: Alexandria, VA
Client Industry: Utilities
Lucas Group ID: