Attorney can sit in NYC, DC or Chicago!
6-12 Months (Possible extension)
100% remote til further notice
Mid-Late January start
One of worlds largest law firms is seeking to hire a temporary Contracts/Privacy Attorney in their New York, DC or Chicago office to negotiate supplier contracts and data processing agreements, and advise on legal, data privacy and data security matters.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Supporting the Procurement Contracts Attorney in negotiating various supplier contracts, including, without limitation, day to day technology, facilities/maintenance contracts, engagement letters, software and SaaS agreements and research subscription agreements
- Providing guidance and support to Sourcing & Procurement Group to enable them to efficiently navigate the contract negotiation process.
- Supporting department projects including the implementation and utilization of the contract lifecycle management solution, compliance and data-privacy related initiative.
- Advising on data privacy and data security legal requirements for firms third-party risk management program.
- Liaising with internal legal experts and the Assistant General Counsel to ensure the applicability and sufficiency of existing practices
- Advising on legal and regulatory developments impacting data privacy and data security in the U.S., the UK, France, Brazil and China, including identifying trends and potential impacts on the Firm’s global risk management activities
- J.D. required from an ABA accredited law school
- Member of the New York State Bar or otherwise qualified to practice law in New York
- 4-7 years (or more) of transactional legal experience in commercial contract negotiation and guidance
- Superior contract negotiation and drafting skills and deep understanding of contract provisions and contract structures
- Able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of data protection law in the U.S., UK and EU, in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Protection Act
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task by prioritize
Up to 80
For immediate and confidential consideration, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org