Contract IP Patent Paralegal or Senior IP Legal Assistant (Philadelphia or DC)
Lucas Group is seeking a Contract IP Patent Paralegal to support its law firm client’s IP practice for a 3-4 month assignment. Qualified candidates will support and assist with preparation, drafting, filing, prosecution and maintenance of all patent applications and patents.
- Primarily support a patent agent with application prep and drafting
- Direct correspondence and communication with clients
- Direct communication with USPTO (U.S. Patent & Trademark Office)
- Assist with filing U.S. design patent applications with the USPTO
- At least 3 years of domestic patent experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of USPTO rules and practices
- The ability to work in in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand
- Self-direction and ability to work independently
- Energy and a desire to troubleshoot problems and find solutions
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task and juggle competing responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solver and team player
- Proficient to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite
WHY LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked in top five on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2020. We offer varied types of opportunities (law firm and in-house), competitive hourly wages, benefits, earned PTO, weekly payroll, and more.
Title: Contract Patent Paralegal
Location: Philadelphia, PA or Washington, D.C.
Lucas Group ID: 1577473