CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEY (Arlington, VA)
Lucas Group's client is seeking a Contract Employment Attorney to support its in-house team with matters for a temporary assignment.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and Human Resources regarding compliance with existing labor and employment laws and new legislation
- Provide advice and counsel on issues such as state and federal employment discrimination and anti-harassment statutes; FMLA and disability law claims; state and federal wage and hour laws and the FLSA; equal pay; employee discipline and termination; wrongful discharge claims; drafting employment agreements and policies; etc.
- Support matters before state and federal administrative agencies, the Wage and Hour Division, EEOC, state and local human rights agencies, as well as in mediations and arbitrations and any claims under local union grievance procedures
- Assist with drafting training materials on labor and employment issues
- Provide advice and counsel in other business areas and work on legal projects to improve business policies and processes
- Support and contribute to the team's Labor & Employment objectives and Human Resources initiatives
- JD Degree
- Admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction in the United States, preferably Virginia
- In-house experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in key legal trends that impact the business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for critical thinking and succinctly presenting the best course of action
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite
WHY WORK FOR LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked #3 on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2018.?We offer varied types of opportunities (law firm and in-house), competitive hourly wages, benefits, earned PTO, weekly payroll, and more.