Contract Bankruptcy Paralegals – Mid-Atlantic Area
Lucas Group is looking for contract business bankruptcy paralegals to support its clients in the MId-Atlantic area for anticipated surges in work. The role will provide organizational and substantive support to attorneys and paralegals in the Restructuring practice.
- Manage assigned cases and their related tasks and projects.
- Perform full range of paralegal tasks from case inception through case closure.
- Monitor court docket sheets for assigned cases and take ownership of case calendars.
- Prepare drafts of notices, motions, fee applications and proofs of claims.
- Bluebook, cite check, and Shepardize briefs.
- Prepare deposition notices, organizing, maintaining and preparing deposition materials, exhibits and summaries.
- Remain current in industry trends in Bankruptcy/Restructuring and the legal profession.
- Ensure expertise in technology relevant to the position; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
- Two plus years of relevant experience preferred
- Mid-size to large law firm experience a plus
- Knowledge of Bankruptcy Court procedures and practices.
- Familiarity with chapter 11 reorganization process and basic documents such as, SoFAs, fee applications, disclosure statements, and plans of reorganization.
- Prior working experience in the bankruptcy group of a law firm representing debtors and creditors in complex chapter 11 and chapter 7 cases.
- Experience with e-filing within the Federal Courts, specifically with both the U.S. Bankruptcy and the U.S District Courts.
- Familiarity with CM/ECF and PACER filing system.
- Ability to conduct research using various research tools
- Bluebooking experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Team player and ability to manage multiple assignments
- Ediscovery experience a plus
WHY LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked in top ten on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2019. We offer varied types of opportunities (law firm and in-house), competitive hourly wages, benefits, earned PTO, weekly payroll, and more.