We are pleased to be representing our client, a leader in their industry for over 100 years with revenues over $1B, on their search for a Continuous Improvement Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company who has seen consistent growth and strongly emphasizes further enhancement of their Continuous Improvement division.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will utilize a data driven, analytical background to lead Kaizen Blitz & Lean projects throughout the client’s North American service center facilities. This person should be a creative and innovative problem solver that drives positive change company wide, not just within manufacturing.
- Lead, deploy, and educate staff in the pursuit of a relentless problem-solving culture to achieve goals within the Operations organization
- Lead Kaizen/Blitz activities across Operations to drive change with sustainable results
- Facilitate cross functional involvement
- Develop and modify Lean training curriculum and skills assessment tools for all experience levels
- Plan and conduct problem-solving sessions and workshops
- Facilitate and empower teams to engage in local problem-solving
- Be a driver for Daily Visual Management at facilities.
- Use the appropriate Lean / Six Sigma tools as required
- Typically involves cross functional engagement including Service Centers, Engineering, Customer Service, Quality, Fleet, and more.
- Teach others to lead their own events and initiate rapid change at all levels of the organization.
d) Responsible for establishing baseline and tracking/reporting realized improvement
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of Continuous Improvement experience
- Problem solving utilizing both a data driven and a “hands on” approach
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher strongly preferred
- Project Management certification and/or experience a plus