* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a global leader in the production of high-volume precision machined and plated components for the aerospace, automotive, defense and industrial markets, in Rhode Island on their search for a Continuous Improvement Leader.
The company’s Rhode Island facility houses over 90 high-volume conventional and CNC production machines, allowing them to service a variety of safety critical applications at remarkable cycle time and efficiencies.
What You Will Do:
Lead continuous improvement activities throughout the organization focused on increasing overall effectiveness to meet customer needs as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. Coordinate activities between cross functional engineering, quality, maintenance, and operations teams to achieve measurable results.
- Train Team on Lean Principles and daily thought process.
- Evaluate plant performance metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop improvement strategy based on resources prioritized by Plant Manager.
- Lean project management skills
- Mechanical Engineering background and/or manufacturing experience.
- AutoCad experience
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in Engineering, Science or other technical discipline.
- Lean manufacturing experience (Lean 6 Sigma, Kaizen events, 2 Second Lead).
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Continuous Improvement Leader
Location: Rhode Island
Client Industry: Manufacturing (Electrical & Mechanical components)
Client Job ID: 1579035