* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience. *
What You Will Do: Responsible for improving manufacturing efficiencies by utilizing and implementing continuous improvement techniques. Includes identifying, investigating and resolving production issues (both systemic and acute); working with operations personnel to ensure qualified processes and production requirements are met, provide training, support, and leadership for cross-functional problem solving activities and methods.
- Perform line studies to determine the efficiencies and improvements to be gained.
- Develop standard work procedures for training and operations.
- Develop methods to minimize change over times and reduce down time.
- Establish a process of standardization in all aspects of the business.
- Work on inventory flow process and improvements
- Drive mechanical improvement initiatives: Capital or MRO equipment investments.
- Work on standard for all operation and develop manpower requirements.
- Work with maintenance on developing a process for response time, diagnostic guides, and PM effectiveness
- Workplace organization, visual control and 5S Process
Education and Work Experience:
- REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years experience in related field
- Strong knowledge of PLCs, camera inspection systems, automation technology, packaging and conveyors and palletizing systems.
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, installing packaging equipment, and/or removing pneumatic, mechanical and electrical components. Experience with manufacturing line changeovers
- Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control
Title: Continuous Improvement Engineer
Location: Elmira, NY
Lucas Group ID:1587959