* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a leading independent manufacturer of corrugated boxes, on their search for a Continuous Improvement Engineer in rural Orange County NY.
Convenient to New York City, the company’s corrugated plant (over 500,000 square feet) is one of the largest in North America. Their state of the art facility consists of some of the most up-to-date machinery in the industry, producing of 2.3 billion+ square feet of corrugated product each year.
What You Will Do:
The Continuous Improvement (CI) team is responsible for identifying opportunities to streamline work, reduce waste and identify cost savings opportunities. The dynamic individual we are seeking will support and participate in strategic initiatives across the organization to identify opportunities in the process workflow, plan improvement changes in the current process, execute the changes in process and review how the changes are working for the teams.
- Analyze key data components (i.e,Costs, FTEs, KPIs etc.) to help with fact-based decision making
- Assist with the identification and prioritization of opportunities where process redesign/improvement can significantly impact efficiency, compliance, quality, profitability, competitive position and customer satisfaction.
- Natural leadership skills
- Familiar with continuous improvement process
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally technical discipline
- Ability to drive a Lean culture by working with personnel / team members in the planning, designing and accomplishment of key projects
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing techniques, tools and principles is a plus
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Continuous Improvement Engineer
Location: Orange County NY
Client Industry: Packaging & Containers
Client Job ID: 1578862